Saturday 5 March 2011

I love you Lily Allen

It’s only Lily ‘I’m not a hypocrite, honest!’ Allen. Despite having a really amazing rant about The X Factor last year, it’s thought that she’s being lined up to replace Simon Cowell in the new series here in the UK.
It’s being reported that Lily has been ‘sounded out’(whatever that means) when it comes to the new series, with Simon reckoning she’d be good at telling it straight on the panel.
Although a source for Lily wouldn’t confirm whether she’s committed to any TV appearances, we imagine she’d be in her element sat on the panel, telling everyone they’re rubbish. It’s what she does on Twitter all the time.
Take this tweet, written back in August, for example: “X Factor FAIL. Too set up/scripted in my humble opinion... it’s shit. FACT! It's everything that I detest about modern western culture. Cowell is the only one who really benefits. I don't know how Simon Cowell has managed to get away with essentially copywriting the talent contest. It's beyond me, really.
“I've better things to do with my time than feed the nation with the notion that doing cover versions will sort your life out. I'd rather actually eat my own crap than sit next to any of those goons. Except Cheryl, obvs.”
You can just taste the saracsm can't you? (and i still have that Cheryl Tweedy song on my i-pod...)

No comments:

Post a Comment